Toxinform Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information about an identifiable natural person (you, your). This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you have any questions about this policy or the information set out below, please contact us. If you would like more information about the Act, please refer to www.privacy.org.nz.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
FROM WHOM DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
2. We collect personal information about you from:
a. you directly (if possible).
b. you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
c. third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
3. We will use your personal information:
a. to verify your identity;
b. to provide services to you and to any third party you have engaged in connection with our services;
c. to improve the services that we provide to you and to any third party you have engaged in connection with our services;
d. to undertake credit checks on you (if necessary);
e. to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions or referring you to debt collection agencies;
f. to respond to communications from you, including a complaint;
g. to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
h. to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
i. for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4. We may disclose your personal information to:
a. any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products;
b. a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you;
c. a debt collection agency for the purpose of collecting any debts you may us;
d. other third parties (for anonymised statistical information);
e. a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
f. any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
g. any other person authorised by you, including third parties you have engaged in connection with our services.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5. Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
6. In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
7. If you want to exercise either of the above rights, please email us. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
8. We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
GIVING US INFORMATION OVER THE INTERNET
9. While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
12. We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.